We have developed one of the premiere administrative law
practices in North Carolina, with experience advising numerous state agencies on a range of administrative and regulatory topics.
Our professionals have appeared in hearings of the North
Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings, as well as before federal agencies, and in federal and state courts. Our firm's accomplishments include:
- Assisting a national association of licensing boards in preparing,
updating, and promoting uniform licensing laws and rules.
- Representing state licensing boards and associations of state licensing boards
in appeals, suits, and amicus briefs before federal and state courts.
- Serving as consultants and special counsel for state professional licensing
boards outside of North Carolina.
Additionally, we have advised state licensing boards regarding
compliance with numerous state and federal laws, and international treaties. These include:
- North Carolina Administrative Procedure
- North Carolina Open Meetings Law
- North Carolina Public Records Law and its
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- State and federal Constitutional
- State and federal antitrust laws
- State and federal civil rights
- North American Free Trade Agreement
- World Trade Organization's General Agreement on Trade in
Our leadership and
Our experience also includes teaching law school courses and
authoring publications on administrative law, accountancy regulation, and similar topics. Several of our attorneys have served as chairs of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Administrative Law
Section. We have also lead continuing legal education seminars and been featured as speakers at conferences on administrative law topics.
* Brenner is licensed only in Maine, Washington State, and Washington, D.C.